1 the period of time in your life after your physical growth has stopped and you are fully developed [syn: adulthood]
when bodily growth has completed and reproduction can begin
Maturity may refer to:
- Sexual maturity
- Mature technology, a term indicating that a technology has been in use and development for long enough that most of its initial problems have been overcome
- Maturity (geology), a geological term describing rock, source rock, and hydrocarbon generation
- Maturity (sedimentology), a geological term describing the proximity of a sedimentary deposit from its source
- Maturity (finance), a financial term indicating the final date for payment of principal and interest
- Capability Maturity Model, a software engineering term indicating to which extent it is planned how to do things when developing, testing, documenting, maintaining software etc. See also software development process.
- Maturity (psychological), a term used in psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner. See also: Developmental Psychology.
maturity in French: Maturité (homonymie)
ability, accounts payable, accounts receivable, adulthood, adultness, age of consent, amount due, applicability, bad debts, bill, bills, borrowing, capability, charges, chits, close, competence, competency, completing, completion, conclusion, condition, consummation, culmination, debt, driving age, due, dues, end, ending, financial commitment, finish, finishing, fitness, fittedness, floating debt, flower of age, full age, full bloom, full development, full growth, fullgrownness, fullness, funded debt, grown-upness, indebtedness, indebtment, legal age, legalis homo, liability, majority, manhood, manlihood, mastery, maturation, mature age, mellowness, national debt, obligation, operability, outstanding debt, perfection, pledge, preparedness, prime, prime of life, proficiency, public debt, qualification, readiness, ripe age, ripeness, riper years, rounding off, rounding out, score, seasoning, suitability, suitableness, suitedness, tempering, termination, terminus, toga virilis, topping off, trim, uncollectibles, unfulfilled pledge, virility, windup, womanhood, womanlihood, years of discretion